Support for Apple TV Apps
If you're experience an issue with any of the apps on Apple TV we apologize and are happy to help. If the information on this page doesn't resolve the issue you're having please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to resolve the issue.
Scenes fail to download/will not download
As required by policy Apple hosts all of the downloads for our Apple TV apps. Occasionally their download services have problems. This can be very frustrating. If you have issues downloading scenes, such as you see the text "Download Needed" "Retry Download" or "Download Failed" shows below scenes, please take the following steps:
- Check your network connection and confirm your Internet service is on-line.
- Delete your existing version of the app. Instructions on how to delete apps can be found here.
- Restart your Apple TV.
- Reinstall the app from the App Store (free).
It is critical to restart the Apple TV after you delete the app because this will guarantee any cached downloads will be removed. If you install the app again without restarting that may work, but it won't always work. If you still have issues with downloads after these steps please contact us at email@example.com.
Issue with app launching - will not launch, white screen, doesn't play
There are a number of situations where the App Store will either fail to install the app, corrupt the installation of the app through an update, or download a corrupted scene resource. When this the app may fail in a number of ways including crashing on launch, not showing any scenes, not doing anything on launch, or specific scenes refusing to download.
Note: The issue may be fixed in tvOS 11.2 beta 3. Please let us know if if you experience the issue on that or any future beta. We hope this one is finally nearing an end. Thanks for your patience.
To resolve this issue:
1. First, simply restart your Apple TV. In many cases this resolves the issue. The easiest way to do this is from Settings > System > Restart.
2. If restarting does not work, delete the app, restart your Apple TV, and then reinstall it from the App Store. To do this click and hold the app icon until it shakes, then press the play button to delete it. You can then return to the App Store and download the app again from the Purchases tab.
It is critical that you restart the Apple TV after you delete the app but before reinstalling it. In many cases the corrupted file is on the device but is not accessible to the app or deletable by or with the app. On a restart the device flushes out these files.
If none of this works please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help figure out what the problem is. Thank you for your patience.